Information and Legal Resources

Information Resources, Legal Resources, and Government Resources for Owners of Mobile and Manufactured Homes

Information resources for owners of mobile and manufactured homes, who lease the space on which their home is located.
  • Manufactured Home Owners of America360-373-2436 — The purpose and objective that guides MHOA is for improving the quality of life for all manufactured/mobile home owners and promoting the health, safety and welfare of the owners of manufactured/mobile homes.

Statewide Legal Services for Tenants
Manufactured home relocation assistance is offered by the Department of Commerce's Office of Mobile/Manufactured Housing (OMH) when a park closes.  They also offer technical assistance to tenants groups interested in purchasing their housing communities.
For face-to-face mediation that is low-cost, visit Resolution Washington for non-profit dispute resolution centers in Washington state.
    Manufactured Home Tenant's Associations
    Other Landlord/Tenant resources and links  
    The Attorney General’s Office does not handle complaints about issues relating to the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act.  Here is a list of resources that may assist you with residential landlord/tenant issues:
    Help for Tenants:
    • Self Help Brochure
    •  Lawyer Referral
      •  If you need low cost legal assistance, contact the Washington State Bar Association, or your county bar association and ask about its lawyer referral program.
    • Statewide Legal Services for Tenants
    • Solid Ground Tenant Counseling & Education
                Tenant Services Line
                10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Wednesday
                (206) 694-6767
    • Complaints and Inquiries about Housing Codes:
      •  Call your local city or county zoning or building departments
    • Low Income Housing:
      • U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
          909 First Avenue, Suite 190
          Seattle, WA 98104
          (206) 220-5205
    • Senior Housing Issues:
    • Housing Discrimination:
    • Washington State Human Rights Commission
      •   1511 Third Ave.
          Suite 921
          Seattle, WA 98101
          (206) 464-6500
          Toll-free: 1-800-233-3247
      • Also, contact your city or county Human Rights or Civil Rights agency.
      • :
      • Coordinated Legal Education Advice and Referral (CLEAR), 1-888-201-1014. CLEAR is a toll-free hotline for qualified lowincome people staffed by trained paralegals and lawyers who can answer legal questions and provide appropriate referrals. 
      • Office of Manufactured Housing Washington State Community Trade and Economic Development P.O. Box 42525 Olympia, WA 98504-8350 1-800-964-0852 http://www.cted.wa.gov/ 
      • Department of Labor & Industries PO Box 44000 Olympia WA 98504-4000 1-360-902-5800 www.lni.wa.gov/Main/ContactInfo/Default. asp 
      • Mobile Home Owners of America 3421 Kitsap Way #H Bremerton, WA 98337 1-360-373-2436 mhoapres@donobi.net 
      • Mobile Home Tenants Association c/o Robert Case bob530c@yahoo.com 
      • Save Our Seniors Homes (SOS Homes) c/o Kylin Parks kylinparks@yahoo.com 
      • HUD Housing and Urban Development 1-800-927-2891 Washington State Human Rights Commission Fair Housing Unit Melbourne Tower 1511 Third Ave., Suite 921 Seattle, WA 98101-1626 1-800-605-7324 
      • Association of Manufactured Home Owners PO Box 30273 Spokane WA 99223 (509) 343-9624 (English and Spanish) PO Box 3606 Federal Way WA 98063 (425) 772-5174 (English only)
      • Other Laws That May Apply To Mobile Home Tenancies: The Washington State Mobile Home Landlord Tenant Act MHLTA is not the only law governing a tenancy in a mobile home park. Contract, tort, and constitutional law, as well as local county and city laws, may also apply. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in housing based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. These laws apply to mobile home parks as well as other dwellings and they contain important protections for families with children. Tenants who feel discriminated against should contact the state Human Rights Commission. NOTE: You may want to check with your local County or Municipal Human Rights commission office. 
    • RCW 59.20.045

      Enforceability of rules against a tenant.

      Rules are enforceable against a tenant only if:
      (1) Their purpose is to promote the convenience, health, safety, or welfare of the residents, protect and preserve the premises from abusive use, or make a fair distribution of services and facilities made available for the tenants generally;
      (2) They are reasonably related to the purpose for which they are adopted;
      (3) They apply to all tenants in a fair manner;
      (4) They are not for the purpose of evading an obligation of the landlord; and
      (5) They are not retaliatory or discriminatory in nature.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment